Saturday, June 21, 2008

Arun Jaura -Chief Technology Officer - Mahindra and Mahindra

He is the man behind India’s first hybrid car.

The country’s first locally developed hybrid vehicle will be rolling out under his supervision from the utility maker’s stable.


He is taking and wants to take another challenge. It is about putting all the available knowledge out there for all to see. He wants to make people believe that if I hide knowledge and we fail, we all fail together. My hiding knowledge could be responsible for failure of my team and my company and my society.

Arun Jaura completed his B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Srinagar with a gold medal and joined DRDO. He credits DRDO for making him a good researcher and developing ability in him to meld different technologies together.

After seven years in DRDO, Jaura did his post-graduation in Precision Engineering from IIT Madras. He rejoined DRDO but moved quickly to Concordia University, Montreal Canada to do Ph.d. He completed his research work in 1996 and joined Ford.

At Ford, he got into a team with the mandate to make world/s first hydrogen engine. In 2004 the engine work was complete and Jaura had won the Henry Ford Technology award for his achievement.

In May 2005, he returned to India and took up the job in M&M.

References

Arun Jaura: A patent genius hooked to machines, Mint, 21 June 2008,

www.livemint.com/2008/06/21010718/Arun-Jaura--A-patent-genius-h.html

http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/vahan-show-interview-with-mrarun-jaura-sr-vp-rd-and-global-developement-mahindra-and-mahindra/

1 comment:

casillus_NITC said...

Sur,
I am sirajudheen A, doing mechanical engineering in NIT_CALICUT.
I request you to forward me contact info of
Dr.Arun Jaura,
VP - Product Development,
Auto Sector
Mahindra and Mahindra.
I would like to invite Mr.Jaura for the AUTO-EXPO conducted by NIT_CALICUT as a part of its technomanagement fest.
I hope you will do your best to help me out.